Courage to Reconnect Scotch Plains and Fanwood
Public Hearings Re: An Application Seeking Authorization From
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Local Finance Board,
For The Creation Of A Municipal Consolidation Study Commission.
Public Hearing #1 – June 18, 2012 @ 7:30 PM (Scotch Plains)
Public Hearing #2 – June 27, 2012 @ 7:00 PM (Fanwood)
Joint Public Hearing – June 27, 2012 @ 8:00 PM (Fanwood)
1. CALL TO ORDER
Fred Lange, on behalf of “Courage to Reconnect Scotch Plains and Fanwood,” will call the meeting to order.
2. OPEN PUBLIC MEETINGS ACT
Mr. Lange will state, “This meeting has been advertised and is being conducted in accordance with the provisions of the “Senator Byron M. Baer Open Public Meetings Act,” P.L. 1975, c. 231.
3. FLAG SALUTE
Mr. Lange will lead the meeting attendees in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag.
4. Mr. Lange will introduce the attending members of the “Courage to Reconnect Scotch Plains and Fanwood” representative committee, as well as Gina Genovese, Executive Director of “Courage to Connect NJ.”
5. Mr. Lange will introduce the attending NJ Department of Community Affairs (DCA) representative, who will provide background concerning the purpose of the public hearings, DCA’s role in the application and municipal consolidation process, a brief summary of the “Local Option Municipal Consolidation” procedure, and the protocol that will be followed for public comments.
6. The DCA representative will open the hearing to the public for comments.
7. Mr. Lange will adjourn the hearing upon the conclusion of public comments.
* A pdf copy of the application that was filed with the Local Finance Board is available